My Red Light – as a non-profit foundation – contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- 1. Gender Equality: My Red Light works avidly to promote a positive image of sex workers and reduce the amount of sexual harassment and violence against women, both systematic and individually, in the industry.
- 2. Good Health and Well-being: Our organisation promotes good health and safety practices in order to reduce the spread of sexual diseases. We aim to sever the connection between the spread of HIV and other STI's to the professionals in the sex industry.
- 3. Decent Work and Economic Growth: My Red Light offers a safe and inclusive workplace to sex workers, allowing them to operate as self-sustaining entrepreneurs in a society that is still reluctant to embrace the sex industry.
- 4. Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions: Sex workers have often been excluded from the protections of the law, and can be denied justice based on discriminatory beliefs and practices. We seek to have our workers recognised by law enforcement and fight to ensure that sex workers are offered the same protections as any other citizen.
- 5. Finally, My Red Light contributes to the goal of Sustainable Cities. Sex workers are a previously marginalised group that we work to integrate into cities with respect, dignity and acceptance.